Exploring, Construction & Building Formulas
From The Utopian Encyclopedia
Outdated as of age 54. New formula applied in Age 55 that is not yet known.
Exploration Soldier Cost = ROUND (3 + Metric/210 * Race * Personality * Stance)
Exploration Gold Cost = Floor ((600 + 2.3 * Metric) * Race * Personality * Stance * Mills)
Metric = ( Full Metric + Half Metric )1.12 Full Metric = Total Land - 300 Half Metric = MIN (Full Metric / 2 , [Land Explored - Land Lost] / 2)
Construction Time = 16 * Personality Mod * Builders Boon * Double Speed * Fortified
|Double Speed in Protection||0.75||1|
Construction Costs = Race Mod * Personality Mod * Mills Mod * Double Speed * 2/31 * (land + 11600)
Raze Costs = 350 + (0.0625 * Total land)
Available Workers = Peasants + ROUNDDOWN ( Prisoners / 2 ) Optimal Workers = ROUNDDOWN ( Total Jobs * 0.67 ) % Jobs Performed = MIN ( Available Workers / Optimal Workers , 1 ) Building Efficiency = [ (0.5 * (1 + % Jobs Performed)) * Race * Stance * Science * Dragon ] + Personality
- The "Current Available Workers" value, provided by the Internal Affairs Adviser page, already takes prisoners into account.
- Building Efficiency affects all Flat Rate and Percentage-Based buildings.
- Building Efficiency has NO effect on Capacity component of Capacity Buildings as well as Libraries.
Building Efficiency Change Rate = Formula
- Changes in Building Efficiency take effect gradually.
Percentage Based Buildings = Base Effect * BE * Max(50%, % of building) * (100% - Max(50%, % of building))
Flat Rate Buildings = Base Effect * Number of Buildings * BE * Monarchy Bonus * Science
- Max Effect of a %-Based Building is 25 x Base Effect
- If your BE is less than 100%, the effect you would have with 50% of that building is the maximum.
- If you have less than 100% BE, additional buildings past 50% will have no effect.
- Libraries are unaffected by BE. (Otherwise, the libraries would increase your Tools science effectiveness, which would increase your libraries' effectiveness, which would boost your tools, ...)
|Building||Capacity||Flat Rate Base||Percent Base Effect||Percent Max||Living Space||Jobs||Description|
|Barren Lands||15 People||2 Bushels||15||0||Houses 15 people and Produces 2 bushels per hour (Unaffected by BE)|
|Homes||10 People||4%||100%||35||0||Houses 35 people and Increases Birth Rate. Employs no peasants|
|Stables||80 Horses||2 Horse||25||25||Houses horses and increase their production rate|
|Dungeons||20 Prisoners||25||25||Houses Prisoners of War|
|Forts||2.0%||37.5%||25||25||Increases Defensive Military Efficiency|
|Guard Stations||2%||50%||25||25||Decrease Resource Losses when Attacked|
|Barracks||1.5%||37.5%||25||25||Lowers Attack Time|
|25||25||Daily Chance of Curing the Plague|
Decreases Military Losses
|Guilds||0.02 Wizards||25||25||Wizards Trained per day|
Guilds also increase spell duration
|Libraries||2%||50%||25||25||Increase in Science Effect (Unaffected by BE)|
|Thieves Dens|| 4%|
|25||25||Lowers losses in Thievery Operations|
Bonus to TPA
|25||25||Chance of Catching Enemy Thieves|
Rate of Repelling Individual Enemy Thieves
|25||25||Decrease in Science Costs|
Protection of Books from Learns
|Training Grounds||1.5%||37.5%||25||25||Increases Offensive Military Efficiency|
|25||25||Decreases Build Costs (Max of 99%)|
Decreases Gold Exploration Costs
Decreases Soldier Exploration Costs
|25||25||Produces 25gc per day|
Increase in Income
|25||25||Decreases Draft Costs|
Reduction of Wages
Decreases Training Costs
|Towers||12 Runes||25||25||Produces 12 runes per day|
|Farms||70 Bushels||25||25||Produces 70 bushels per day|
|Building||Capacity||Flat Rate Base||Percent Min||Percent Max||Living Space||Jobs||Description|
- Shipyards: 1.5% chance of creating a boat, holds 5 boats per shipyard. 1 boat was needed per 100 troops sent to attack someone on another island.
- Universities: Produced 3 science points per acre
- Taverns: Lowered draft costs and mercenary costs
- Plazas: Employed extra peasants
- Strongholds: Increased OME (now Training Grounds)
- Mines: Produced a certain number of per acre
|Military Buildings||Training Grounds • Armouries • Barracks • Forts • Guard Stations • Hospitals • Stables • Dungeons|
|Thievery and Mystic Buildings||Guilds • Towers • Thieves' Dens • Watchtowers|
|Civil Buildings||Barren Lands • Homes • Farms • Mills • Banks • Libraries • Schools|