From The Utopian Encyclopedia
|Here are the unit types that are available in Utopia (racial/personality bonuses are not included)|
Peasants are responsible for working and generating income for your province.
The basic unit for every province. They are drafted from Peasants and can be trained into Specialists, Elites or Thieves. You are not required to pay Wages for Soldiers.
Sending horses with your attacks adds 3 raw offensive point per horse. You may include up to one horse per military unit sent in combat.
||0.8 per point of power|
Prisoners are taken from the total number of enemies that would've been killed after an attack, usually at a 2/3 prisoner to total kills ratio - IF there is room in your dungeons for them. Prisoners have no upkeep, every 2 prisoners fills 1 job, and every prisoner produces 0.75gc per hour. About one third of the prisoners sent are lost in the fight. They are then again immediately available to your general. You can use at most 1 Prisoner for every 5† normal troops you send.
||0.2 per point of power|
You can use at most 1 Mercenary for every 5† normal troops you send.
These troops defend your land only, and are unable to attack.
||350gc||1 networth per point of power|
These troops are used to attack, and are unable to defend.
||350gc||0.8 networth per point of power|
Elites have offensive as well as defensive strength. Their offensive and defensive values vary from race to race. For Elite values please see the respective Race page.
- Elite net worth values no longer have a fixed value. Elite networth will be calculated using this formula:
- If (elite offensive strength * 0.8 == elite defensive strength) then Elite NetWorth = ((elite offensive strength * 0.8) / 3) + def strength
- Otherwise: [The Larger #: (elite offensive strength * 0.8) OR (elite defensive strength)] + [The Smaller #: (elite offensive strength * 0.8) OR (def strength) / 3
Soldiers Drafted Per Tick
Soldiers Drafted per Tick = Peasants * Draft Speed * Race Bonus * Personality Bonus * Patriotism * Sloth * Dragon * Affluent Ritual * Heroism Science Effect * War Bonus
|Affluent Ritual||1.2 (if 100% eff. ritual)||1|
Draft Cost Formula
Cost of Soldier Drafting = Current Draft Level Factor * Draft Rate * Race Bonus * Personality Bonus * Armouries Mod * Heroism Science Effect
- Current Draft Level Factor scales base soldier draft cost upwards once 50% of max population is reached
- Draft Level Factor is MAX(1.0154*((Solds+Ospecs+Dspecs+Elites)/maxpop)^2+1.1759*((Solds+Ospecs+Dspecs+Elites)/maxpop)+0.3633,1)* base rate for level
Draft Rate Formula
Draft Rate = Base Draft Rate * Patriotism Bonus * Affluent Ritual * Heroism Science Effect * War Bonus
|Base Draft Rate||Draft Speed||Cost per soldier|
Training Cost = Unit Cost * Race Bonus * Armouries Bonus * Expedient Ritual
Full training time = 24 * Race Bonus * Personality Bonus * Inspire Army * War Bonus * Expedient Ritual * Valor Science Effect