|This is part of the Utopia WIKI Mini Guide Series.|
- 1 Significance of the Hostile Meter
- 2 Attacks and How they Move the Meter
- 3 Declaring War & Maxing the Meter
- 4 Detailed: Effects of Moving the Meter & Changing Relations
- 5 Meter Disparity
Significance of the Hostile Meter
For two kingdoms to gain the ability to declare war on one another:
- The kingdoms must be at least unfriendly on one side and hostile on the other.
- The hostile meter must be filled on both sides.
If condition 1 is met, the kingdom which has the lower hostile meter will then receive the option to declare war. If condition 2 is met both kingdoms will have the option to declare war
Attacks and How they Move the Meter
Different successful attack types add to the hostile meter at varying levels of intensity. The attacks add to the meter according to the figures given below. The meter is capped at 150 points.
Traditional Marches, Conquests, Razes, Plunders, Massacres
All these attacks add 2 points to the hostile meter per hit.
Ambushes and Bounces
These attacks add 1 point to the meter. A bounce has a chance relative to the amount of off/def sent to move the meter a full point.
Declaring War & Maxing the Meter
When a party hits up to 15 points they become hostile to the kingdom which they hit. Unfriendly status requires 5 points to achieve.
On the first of each utopian month, both hostile meters decay by one sixth (16.6667%) or 2 points, whichever is greater.
Detailed: Effects of Moving the Meter & Changing Relations
- Dragon A dragon sent to an unfriendly KD will only have 50% health points.
- Expose Thieves
- Lightning Strike
- Fool's Gold
- Mystic Vortex
- Meteor Showers
- Land Lust
- Abolish Ritual
- Magic Ward
- Barrier of Integrity
- A Dragon sent to a hostile KD will only have 75% health points.
- You get some honor bonuses from ops
- Mana costs of offensive spells decreases to 2%
- Stealth costs of offensive operations decreases to 2%
- A Dragon sent in war has full health
- Dragon networth range is removed when targeting a kingdom you are at war with
- Decreased Gangbang Protection
- 75% Protection from hits from kingdoms outside the war (phasing in over 24h)
- Decreased attack times, phasing into become 25% after 12 hours
A gains throttling mechanic exists whereby a kingdom that has a difference of 50 points more than their opponent on the meter will receive reduced gains. This reduction increases linearly up to a maximum disparity of -75% gains for 125 points.