ChanServ allows you to register and control various aspects of channels. ChanServ can often prevent malicious users from "taking over" channels by limiting who is allowed channel operator privileges. Note that any channel which is not used for 14 days (i.e. which no user on the channel's access list enters for that period of time) will be automatically dropped.
MemoServ is a utility allowing IRC users to send short messages to other IRC users, whether they are online at the time or not, or to channels(*). Both the sender's nickname and the target nickname or channel must be registered in order to send a memo. By default, any user with at least level 100 (SOP) access on a channel can read that channel's memos. This can be changed with the ChanServ LEVELS command.
NickServ allows you to "register" a nickname and prevent others from using it. NickServ is controlled through various commands which allow for registration and maintenance of nicknames. If a registered nickname is not used for 30 days, the registration will expire and the nickname will be available for anyone to use.
- NickServ Commands http://www.utonet.org/help.php?hid=1
- ChanServ Commands http://www.utonet.org/help.php?hid=2
- MemoServ Commands http://www.utonet.org/help.php?hid=3
- Channel Modes http://www.utonet.org/help.php?hid=8
- User Modes http://www.utonet.org/help.php?hid=7
- User Commands http://www.utonet.org/help.php?hid=6