Sciences are the study of knowledge and create our pathway into the future. By studying the laws that govern our being and understanding the effects of these laws, we can strengthen ourselves in all that we do. The mystery of magic and thievery, our military prowess, even our methods of production can all be enhanced through the power of study with an investment in time devoted to those fields. The students of our province will lead us into the future with your careful direction.
Mastering the Arts & Sciences makes your people stronger, smarter, and more efficient. You can grow in strength without growing in size.
Details on the benefits of different sciences can be found below.
Science Categories, Types and Effects
Check out the Guide for descriptions: https://utopia-game.com/guide/, then go to Science in the navigation menu.
|Production||Food & Rune Production||~0.2492|
|Artisan||Construction Time Reduction, Construction & Raze Cost Reduction||~0.0478|
|Military||Strategy||Defensive Military Efficiency||~0.0367|
|Tactics||Offensive Military Efficiency||~0.0367|
|Valor||Reduced Military Train Time & Increased Dragon Slaying Strength||~0.0582|
|Heroism||Draft Speed & Draft Costs Reduction||~0.0418|
|Resilience||Reduced Military Casualties||~0.0367|
|Arcane Arts||Crime||Thievery Effectiveness||~0.1557|
|Shielding||Reduced Damage from Enemy Thievery and Magic Instant Operations||~0.0314|
|Sorcery||Increased Magic Instant Damage||~0.0314|
|Cunning||Increased Thievery Operation Damage||~0.0314|
|Invocation||Ritual Rune Cost Reduction||~0.0622|
Science Bonus = ( # of Books in Type )^(1/2.125) * Science Multiplier * Race Mod * Personality Mod * Amnesia Effect * Learn Effect * Scientific Insights Mod * Libraries Mod
Scientists and Books
- Each province starts with a set number of scientists assigned to the three science Categories (Economy, Military, Arcane Arts).
- Scientists start out as Recruits, then as they progress they provide incrementally greater benefits with each progression.
- Scientist experience is based on how many books they have produced in that category.
- Scientists have no networth value.
- Scientists can be re-assigned at any time, but revert to Recruit level when doing so.
- Every tick each province builds progress towards a new scientist. Laboratories increase the rate of this progress.
- Scientists produce a set number of books each tick in the Category they are allocated (Economy, Military, Arcane Arts), based on their rank. Schools increase this effect, but only in a single Category selected with a drop-down menu.
- Books can be allocated to any science Type within the Category they have been produced.
- Allocated books go into effect instantly.
- Inactive provinces do not produce books.
- Science over 5000 BPA will slowly decay outside War.
Scientist Spawn Rate Formula
Scientists Spawn Rate = 1.5 * Race Mod * Universities Effect * Revelation Mod
Scientist Ranks and Production
Re-assigning scientists drops them back to a recruit. Refer to this forum post for a discussion on this topic: http://forums.utopia-game.com/showthread.php?639982-A-Question-About-Ticks-amp-Buildings
Science and Races
Some races gain or lose science effectiveness, as follows:
Science and Personalities
Personalities gain a passive bonus to book production, as follows:
Books are worth [0.000006 * Current Land] points.
Obsolete and historical data - saved for reference
Historical information on science systems and formulas can be found here: Science: Obsolete and historical data
|« Previous: Growth||Next: Military »|
|The Utopia Guide|
|Introduction||Getting Started with Utopia • Creating a province • Race & Personality|
|The Menus||Throne • Kingdom • News|
|Advanced||MunkBot • Invitations • Reservations • Utopia • Province • World of Legends|