From The Utopian Encyclopedia
Science Categories, Types and Effects
|Economy||Production||Food & Rune Production||0.254|
|Economy||Artisan||Construction Time Reduction||0.034|
|Warfare||Strategy||Defensive Military Efficiency||0.034|
|Warfare||Tactics||Offensive Military Efficiency||0.034|
|Warfare||Valor||Reduced Military Train Time & Increased Dragon Slaying Strength||0.0424|
|Warfare||Heroism||Draft Speed & Draft Costs Reduction||0.034|
|Arcane Arts||Crime||Thievery Effectiveness||0.152|
|Arcane Arts||Channeling||Magic Effectiveness||0.186|
|Arcane Arts||Shielding||Reduced Damage from Enemy Thievery and Magic Instant Operations||0.034|
|Arcane Arts||Cunning||Increased Thievery and Magic Instant Operation Damage||0.034|
|Arcane Arts||Invocation||Ritual Rune Cost Reduction||0.042|
Science Bonus = SQRT( # of Books in Type ) * Science Multiplier * Race Mod * Personality Mod * Amnesia Effect * Learn Effect
Scientists and Books
- Each province starts with a set number of scientists assigned to the three science Categories (Economy, Warfare, Arcane Arts).
- Scientists start out as Recruits, then as they progress they provide incrementally greater benefits with each progression.
- Scientist experience is based on how many books they have produced in that category.
- Scientists have no networth value.
- Scientists can be re-assigned at any time, but revert to Recruit level when doing so.
- Every tick each province builds progress towards a new scientist. Laboratories increase the rate of this progress.
- Scientists produce a set number of books each tick in the Category they are allocated (Economy, Warfare, Arcane Arts), based on their rank. Schools increase this effect, but only in a single Category selected with a drop-down menu.
- Books can be allocated to any science Type within the Category they have been produced.
- Allocated books go into effect instantly.
Scientists Spawn Rate = X * Race Mod * Laboratories Effect * Revelation Mod
Each book is worth ~0.0035 points of networth.
Obsolete and historical data - saved for reference
Historical information on science systems and formulas can be found here: Science: Obsolete and historical data
|« Previous: Growth||Next: Military »|
|The Utopia Guide|
|Introduction||Getting Started with Utopia • Creating a province • Race & Personality|
|The Menus||Throne • Kingdom • News • Explore • Growth • Science • Military • Mystics • Thievery • War Room • Aid • Dragon • Ritual • Mail & Forums • Politics • Relations • Rankings • Preferences|
|Advanced||MunkBot • Invitations • Reservations • Utopia • Province • World of Legends|