Attacking & Defending
- 1 Military Efficiency
- 2 Attacking
- 3 Defending
- 4 Attack Gains
- 5 Military Losses
Base Military Efficiency
Base Military Efficiency = ( 60 + 40 * ( Effective Wage Rate / 100 ) 0.25 ) * Gangbang Protection Bonus
- Rounded to one decimal point, it should return the most accurate values. Effective Wage Rate lies between 50 to 200.
- While wages can be changed instantly, the effective wage rate used for base military efficiency changes slowly per tick. The formula for change in effective wage rate is:
Change in Effective Wage Rate = 0.05 * (Wage Rate Paid - Effective Wage Rate)
- If wages were not fully paid in the previous tick, Wage Rate Paid will be set at 50 regardless of the amount of wages actually paid.
Offensive Military Efficiency
OME = (Base Military Efficiency + Training Ground Bonus + Honor Bonus) * Science Bonus * Personality Bonus * Fanaticism * Bloodlust * Onslaught Ritual
Defensive Military Efficiency
DME = (Base Military Efficiency + Forts Bonus) * Science Bonus * Minor Protection * Greater Protection * Fanaticism * Plague * Barrier Ritual
Raw Off = Soldiers + (Offensive Specs * Offspec value) + (Elites * Elite Attack value) + (Horses * 2) + [(Mercs + Prisoners) * 3]
Mod Off = Raw Offense * (OME + General Bonus)
|OME||check your Military Advisor|
|General Bonus||+3% per additional general over 1|
Attack Time = Base Attack Time * Race Bonus * Personality Bonus * Barracks Bonus * Quick Feet * Attack Type * War * NW Mod * Godspeed Ritual
- Note: War attack speed phases in to a maximum of -25% after 12 hours of war have passed
- There is a networth value adjustment for attack times. This adjustment compares your networth to the networth of the province you are planning to attack. If these are close to each other the base attack times as given below are used. If the networth differs, then the base attack time is multiplied, so your attack time is longer. This does not affect intra-KD attacks or in war.
Base Attack Time
The base attack time is 16 hours. This is the value all calculations are based upon.
|Location||Intra KD||Different KD|
Minimum Offense to Win
Random factor is +-3.5% for offense and defense. Off/def ratio needed to win is 0.97. Thus in the worst case (-3.5% offense, +3.5% defense) the borderline winning situation is:
Condition to Win = (Mod Off * 0.965) / (Mod Def * 1.035) ≥ 0.97
Which simplifies to:
Mod Off = Mod Def * 0.97 * 1.035 / 0.965
Mod Off = Mod Def * 1.040362694
Therefore, to guarantee a win, you must send a Mod Off that is ~4.04% greater than the defenders Mod Def.
On Conquest attacks, the minimum offense to win is 51% of the opponents defense.
Raw Defense = (Defense Specs * Def Spec Points) + (Elites at Home * Elite's Defense) + (Soldiers * Def Points Sold * Aggression) + Townwatch
Mod Defense = MAX ( Raw Defense * Defensive Military Efficiency , Land )
|Def Spec Points||6 (7 for Avian)||6|
|Aggression||0 (1 for Halfling)||1|
|Town Watch||Peasants / 4||0|
- All land is protected by a minimum of 1 defense per acre. That is, if you should send every single elite and general out, and release your defense specialists, an opponent would still need to send 1 offense point per acre to conduct a successful attack against you. This does not apply to intra-kingdom attacks.
Gains = Target Resource * Attack Type * RPNW * RKNW * GBP * Guard Stations * Race * Relations * Attack time modifier * Anonymity * Expropriation Ritual * Siege Science
Province Networth Factor
Relative Province Networth (rpnw) = Targets Networth / Self Networth Province Networth Factor = DEPEND ( rpnw ) : rpnw < 0.567 = 0 0.567 < rpnw < 0.9 = 3 * rpnw - 1.7 0.9 < rpnw < 1.1 = 1 1.1 < rpnw < 1.6 = -2 * rpnw + 3.2 rpnw > 1.6 = 0
Kingdom Networth Factor
Relative Kingdom Networth (rknw) = Target Kingdom Average Prov. Networth / Self Kingdom Average Prov. Networth Kingdom Networth Factor = DEPEND ( rknw ) : rknw < 0.4 = 0.6666 0.4 < rknw < 0.9 = rknw * 2/3 + 0.4 rknw > 0.9 = 1
NOTE: As of Age 75, RKNW is based on the average province size of the Kingdom - to be a more accurate representation of the Kingdom strength.
Attack time adjustment factor
Attack time adjustment (with reduced time):
Attack time adjustment factor = 1 - 1.5 (Hours reduced / base attack time)
Base gains are 12% and Traditional March gains are capped at 20% of your or opponent's land, whichever is smaller.
Will return 50% of the acres stolen.
Base gains are 50% gold, 60% food and 60% runes. Max gains is 1.35x base (67.5% gold, 81% runes/food).
Steals a portion of target's allocated books (base ~5%) plus a portion of the target's unallocated books (base ~30%). During war, Learn reduces the effectiveness of target science. Troop losses on Learn defense will be reduced by 50%
Destroys a portion of the targets land. In war this attack only destroys buildings
Base gains are 6.8% land for a full hit, gains are decreased in proportion to the relative offense sent vs. targets defence.
Base gains are 9.5% peasants, 8.5% thieves and 5% wizards
Base military losses are 7% on offense, 5% on defense.
|Attack: Learn||Defensive Casualties||-50%|
|Race: Orc||Offensive and Defensive Kills||+15%|
|Race: Avian||All Military Casualties||+10%|
|Race: Undead||All Military Casualties||-30%|
|Personality: Cleric||All Military Casualties||-30%|
|War||All Military Casualties||-25% (after 24 hours)|
|Ritual: Onslaught||Offensive Kills||+15%|
|Ritual: Godspeed||Offensive Military Casualties||-15%|
|Building: Hospitals||All Military Casualties||Varies|
|Spell: Pitfalls||Defensive Military Casualties||+25%|
|Spell: Bloodlust||Offensive Kills||+15%|
|Spell: Bloodlust||Self Military Casualties||+30%|
|Spell: Wrathful Smite||Enemy's Military Casualties||+20%|
|Op: Bribe Generals||Defensive Military Casualties||20% chance for +15%|
|Emerald Dragon||All Military Casualties||+20%|